Regarding this Note:
Please begin by reading the “Preface to Erik’s Notes on Buddhism:” found on the main page of Buddhism ~ Thanks
What is Karma?
Karma = the power of thinking.
Here are some of the fundamental facts about the power of thinking:
- Every Present Moment Thinking creates Karma
- Every Negative Thinking creates negative Karma
- Every Positive Thinking creates positive Karma
- The past Thought is gone but the power of past thought remains in the present moment
- My Negative Thinking creates my negative Karma, and deletes my positive Karma
- My Positive Thinking creates my positive Karma and deletes my negative Karma
- Acting with negative intention creates more negative Karma and results in my suffering
- Acting with positive intention creates more positive Karma and results in my happiness
- All my perception of phenomena is the creation of my Karma
- All my Karma is the creation of my Thinking
Given that Karma is the most sophisticated subject to understand in Buddhism, to go any further here would be silly for now. Karma can only begin to make sense after much of the Buddhist Fundamentals are clear. I will go further into Karma again in the near future, after enough of the Fundamentals are posted and clear.